LESSONS UNLEARNED: The Assault On Black Masculinity

The Assault On Black Masculinity

The amount of obstacles Black males have to face when a society doesn't favor them is innumerable. We are often rewarded for projecting the most negative of images. Those images often cost us our lives.



TUPAC SHAKUR - 1988 HIGH SCHOOL INTERVIEW 

TUPAC SHAKUR 1971 - 1996




LESSONS UNLEARNED

I open my eyes and my mind 
To inflict light on those who refuse to shine 
Not realizing they're blind
Living life feeling suspended in time, no change in the crime 

My plan is to help you understand that our lives are at hand
You can't learn to walk without first learning to stand 
Picking up those who fall
The young black woman and man 

Repeating the mistakes of yesterday tomorrow 
But still not understanding our sorrows
But yet we bring them on ourselves
And still crying out for help 

I manifest the spiritualness I receive from what I believe 
It clears my mind to focus on what's real 
Gives me the strength to deal with my pain 
Keep me from going insane

My heart mind and soul feeling unrestrained 
Pain gone unnnoticed 
Love within but cannot show it
Lessons unlearned, hope to realize before your life is adjourned

You can only give what you take so try love not hate 
Were repeating the cycle 
Not yet dissatisfied with the dread we live in 
Not playing our cards right with the hands we were given 

If each will learn to be wise and take off the disguise 
Of trying to live up to the standards of others
Maybe we wouldn't lose so many brothers 
Day by day the tears would be wiped away 

A population of violent offenders, single mothers and unconscious brothers 
Feeling disrespected and neglected, yet they cry and wonder why
When maybe they could receive their blessings 
If only they learned their lessons


💙

Dwan M. Green, 1998
Age 17



2PAC - SO MANY TEARS
 



MICHAEL SMITH - TED TALK: BLACK MURDER IS NORMAL



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ARE YOU BEING MANIPULATED?

SATORIPATH VISIONS

REBOOT AND DOWNLOAD